Friday, December 3, 2010

Log 12/3/2010

Last night I ordered the camera, which should arrive in 3-5 business days.  I took apart the RC car last night as well.  I have pictures that I will upload once I have labels on the pictures explaining what it showing.
Today in class I updated my 3D AutoCAD drawing so that the box holding the electronics was bigger and hollow and the support beams were made longer so that they can fit with the new, larger dimensions of the vessel.  I have to add more lights and adjust the materials rendered onto the drawing before I can post it. 
Also today, with the help of my classmates, I tested the range of the RC car, which will tell me how far out we can send the vessel.  Unfortunately, the RC car only made it about 150 feet and only went another 20 feet when we held the radio control up above our heads.  Even with the extra 20 feet, the range of the RC car was 280 feet less than the range of the camera.  This means the farthest the vessel can go is about 150 feet because any farther than that we will lose control of it.  I had my classmates TH, SW, and CM control the RC car to prove that my camera controller will be easy to operate without extensive training, which makes it very user-friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment